Friday, June 8, 2012

Put some gears on it: Steampunk Hunter

Rolf (Undead Hunter)  Ghostlands-US

Make sure you click to see that picture in all its glory- Rolf here is my forsaken hunter, and is yet another outfit inspired by Drunkard's Regalia.  Rolf also has a story.  You see, he used to be a blood elf.  Unfortunately for him, when the Cataclysm occurred, he wasn't able to outrun Deathwing's fire, and died unceremoniously.  Thankfully, Lady Sylvanas has been raising even more forsaken, so he got a second chance.  In terms of transmogrification, I don't find undead to be terribly inspiring- for me, it's a challenge to find something that looks good on someone who is quite literally skin and bone.  Lucky for me, I stumbled upon this post at Drunkard's Regalia, which gave me a really good starting point.




There he is with his staff.  I can't wait until Mists of Pandaria so that it'll just be the gun, but in the meantime this staff works pretty well:  Jailer's Baton (from Violet Hold).  If only I could turn off the enchant.

One last thing that's worth noting before I give you the breakdown of his gear is that this is not the complete look.  Eventually, he will also have  a pair of goggles.  Since he is not an engineer, I will be using the Steamworker's Goggles from Ulduar 25, which have eluded me week after week.  So far, anyway.  Here's the gear breakdown:

Head (Not Pictured):  Steamworker's Goggles
Chest:  Fortified Chain
Cloak:  Mighty Cloak
Gun:  Mimiron's Repeater  (May switch for Rifle of the Platinum Guard if it ever drops)
Staff:  Jailer's Baton
Shirt:  Brown Linen Shirt  (it should be noted that I find this absolutely necessary to have, as the Fortified Chain is a bit skimpy on men and women alike)




Like a lot of moggers, I use MogIt as my go-to add-on for crafting outfits and such.  One of the nifty features that the add-on has is the ability to not only save your outfits, but to be able to view the outfits on any other character you happen to be logged in on.  As a result I've found that I'm tempted to 'mog this particular getup onto nearly every one of my mail-wearing characters, because I think it looks fabulous on just about every race.  Later on, I'll feature a very similar getup donned by my fiance's orc shaman.  It really is a great look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment