Sunday, March 18, 2012

There once was a Warlock... who wore gold?

Perditaxnitt, Sentinels-US
I put this outfit together in record time. I got pretty lucky with my belt drop, and the staff was something I just randomly picked up while I was in a Sunwell run. I love it. Before I get into too much more detail, here's the breakdown:

Chest: Chan's Imperial Robes (see the note in the explanation about availability of this piece)
Head: Circle of Flame
Shoulders: Gossamer Shoulderpads (still debating whether to stick with these, or pick up the also matching Silksand Shoulder Pads when I see them on the AH)
Belt: Sash of Mortal Desire
Shoes: Kurkenstoks (Oh, how I wish there were a horde-available moggable version of these)
Gloves: Gossamer Gloves
Bracer: Laughing Skull Bracelets
Pants: Doesn't matter because they won't show! YAY! After the nightmare finding something to put under the leia robes, this was a relief!
Staff: Golden Staff of the Sin'dorei

At first glance, it's actually a pretty easy set to get. Until you browse through the comments section of Chan's Imperial Robes, which are incidentally one of my all-time favorite robes in the game, and find that they seem to have disappeared off the loot tables. I regularly check the AH for these and I've not seen a set in ages, but I did have a few sets stashed away so I was quite fortunate to be able to put this together. The robes ARE BoE so if you are lucky enough to find a set, snatch them up post-haste. Even if you never use them, you may be able to sell them to other transmogrification junkies for a VERY high price due to the fact that they are evidently no longer dropping.

And if you're hoping to see the robes drop again, don't be afraid to Let Blizzard Know! This is one case where I think it's a damned shame if these robes are gone for good, because they're absolutely gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment